Address: Shop A, 101/F, International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui
Inakaya, already immensely popular in Tokyo, Japan, has spread its wings to land in Hong Kong. Originally a unique concept that involves guests sitting around the chef, and charcoal grilled delicacies (Robatayaki) served with a boat paddle, its Hong Kong counterpart has much more to offer.
Sat at the top of ICC with a 360 view of Hong Kong, Inakaya is divided into 3 sections; the sushi counter, Teppanyaki and the infamous Robatayaki. Dimly lit and fitted with a traditional design inspired by the autumn harvest festival, it is not short of authentic Japanese influences.
We settled for the Teppanyaki and flipped through a menu that stretched from land to sea, with a huge selection of teppanyaki, sashmi and cooked bites. Something for everyone.
Supreme Assorted Sashimi Platter (9 types)
- A good assortment of high quality sashimi. Fresh and arrived daily from Japan and all over the world, its generous portions is fitting as the opening for many Teppanyaki dishes to come.
South African Abalone Tempura/ Scallop with Sea Urchin Tempura
- Both Signatures of Inakaya. As below
Scallop with Sea Urchin Tempura
- Out of the many Uni Tempuras I’ve tried, this has to be one of the best. Made using premium ingredients and cooked to perfection. Scallops were tender and bouncy and Uni oozing out of the Scallop sandwich. Melt in you mouth with the Shiso leaf enhancing freshness, simply divine!
South African Abalone Tempura (right)
- Tender and fresh Abalone coated in a light fluffy batter. Some of the best tempura I’ve tried and a unique take on cooking Abalone!
Selected Japanese Black Hair Wagyu Beef Roll
- Melt in your mouth with a rich beef flavor, without being too greasy. Just as good if not better than the Wagyu served at Yakiniku great. The onion filling was a classic accompaniment and not over powering or over-filled.
Australian Wagyu Beef Roll and Beef Ribeye
- Not as tender as the Japanese beef but still very tasty. Top quality beef with an intense flavor and aroma.
- Just cooked and coated in butter and a slight drizzle of lemon. Extremely fresh and tender. The salmon roll added crunch and enhanced the lobster’s aroma.
- Again, well seasoned and extremely fresh. A must for those who prefer a lighter dinner or n alternative to grilled meats.
- Grilled and finished with a slight sprinkle of pepper, its crispy skin just keeps you coming back for more! One of my favorites of the evening.
Perfect for occasional dining, dates and festivities. Inakaya also has private rooms for parties and meetings. Excellent service throughout our evening, although it was on the expensive side, but totally worth it! Given the quality and care taken to prepare all the ingredients and top level cooking, I would not hesitate to come back for a second round!