Though Store bought jiaozi or dumpling wrappers work, you may just live in that part of town that doesn’t offer Chinese or Asian foods. This is when you have to make them from scratch!
Stretchy and delicious, these wrappers can be filled with all sort of delicious fillings; pork, lamb, veggie and even fusion style fillings like for gras and truffle beef!
Here is the full dumpling recipe! (link to recipe)
Makes ~ about 40 (8cm) wrappers
Ingredients & tools:
- 250g Plain flour (ratio 2:1 with water) + extra for dusting and rolling
- 125ml Cold water
- Cling Wrap
- Rolling Pin [or cheat option – pasta machine and circular cutter]
How to – Dough:
- Start by making a well in the flour and slowly adding the water in the well.
- Mixing with either a fork or your hands, slowly introduce flour into the well.
- Keep mixing until all the ingredients are combined and form a dough.
- Kneed for about 8-10 Minutes on a flat surface, until the dough is smooth.
- Form into a ball and Cling wrap.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until needed.
- Dough should be stretchy and smooth after refrigeration.
How to – Wrappers:
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll into long 1-inch tubes.
- Divide each tube into 1 HKD/ a US Quarter sized balls.
- Lightly flatten ball into a flat-ish circle and start rolling with a rolling pin.
- Turning at 90° every 2 rolls or so, you should get a circular wrapper at 1mm thickness.