Address: Shop 322, 3/F Landmark Atrium, 12-16 Des Voeux Road, Central
There are many cafés in Hong Kong that offer sandwiches and salads, such as Prêt and Open kitchen. Though their variety of baked goods and salads are plenty, I feel there is a void of fresh, non- leafy salads available.
This is when I got introduced to Urban Bakery Works at Landmark, in place of its predecessor, threesixty supermarket. Inspired by London Bourough Market and part of the Maxim’s group, this hipster, urbane café stands out from the crowd. Reminding you of the self-service stations from Whole foods, that serves colourful, tasty and a large selection of delicacies.
Here are some of my favourites;
Confit Duck Wrap
- Beautifully moist, paired with coriander, pickled daikon and carrots.
- There is definitely more Confit Duck than vegetables! I’ve always preferred wraps to sandwiches, as there is always more filling!
- This is a portion that is enough for 2 (or a very hungry person) that is well worth the price tag.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Fresh, roughly cut cucumber and tomato pieces, mixed in with ringlets of pickled red onions.
- The onions were not too spicy and added and much needed tanginess to the dish.
- The perfect healthy lunch.
Thai Noodle salad
- Dressed in my favorite, peanut sauce, slightly spicy and fills your belly. What more do you want? Yum!
- A great healthy dish for the ladies, that is fresh and sweet. Also pairs well with the noodles!
- An original use of croissants. Creamy, fresh and luxurious, without being too heavy.
- The Croissant was also very crispy and buttery. Yum!
Urban bakery combines modern art, a hipster vibe, with cooked food and salads. There salads and pastries also incorporate (Hong Kong) fusion elements, that is fitting with local tastes. With the growing trend of healthy eating, Urban bakery continues to bring us innovative and tasty salads, as well as guilty pleasures like croissant-sandwiches! This is a must-spot for lunch and casual, quick meals!