Address: 11 Upper Station Street, Sheung Wan.
“PoHo” or the area just north of Hollywood road and Soho is what you may call the ‘it area’ for food and beverages. There houses many quaint cafés and eateries such as Upper Modern Bistro and Teakha, with a mix of traditional and modern styles. Amongst them is NOSH, a trendy and Scandinavian space designed and owned by Swedish designer Helen Lindman.
NOSH is a minimalistic and modern space, with an air of homely comfort. They serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and weekend brunch that follows the Scandi theme of fresh and simplicity, that is both colorful and tasty.
What We ate:
Flat White (Large) – left
- Containing more coffee (2 shots) that milk in comparison to a Cappuccino or Latte.
- This was very creamy and not too strong, with a heart warming coffee flavor. Definitely better and bigger than Starbucks!
Cappuccino (Large) – right
- Though lacking in chocolate (the best part!), there was an ample amount of milk froth on top.
- Good Coffee to start the day.
Eggs Royale – Poached Eggs, English Muffin, Hollandaise, Salad and Smoked Salmon
- Soft Muffins soaking up all that creamy, rich egg yolk sauce from the poach eggs!
- Good, fresh smoked salmon and fresh salad.
- Great pairing, and a lighter option in comparison to the Benedict. Poached eggs also had a stable egg white encasing the yolk, though a little over done.
Eggs Benedict– Poached Eggs, English Muffin, Hollandaise, Salad and Smoky Bacon
- Crunchy and crispy Bacon, and again runny yolk in the center.
- There was a sprinkle of cheese on top of the hollandaise, which I found unpleasant, but otherwise not a bad dish.
- Hollandaise could have been more creamy and lacked citrus flavors.
The selection for Breakfast was limited and small plates like granola was quite pricey. Otherwise the coffee was a very generous size and very good, and they also had a selection of pastries at the bar.
Overall, NOSH is a great place for a chill break or a relaxing weekend Brunch. Though, I would have to return to sample their brunch and lunch menus to become convinced that this is not just another Café round the block.