Address: Shop 132 The Mall, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty
Today, I bring you something different, something that is close to my heart. Please show support by commenting and visiting their facebook group to help save this longtime establishment.
Grappas, part of mine and many’s childhood memories, is doomed to close end of July. Victim to Swire’s new proposition of introducing a fresh face to its food and beverage scene at Pacific Place.
Grappas has been the family hang out and ‘the place’ to dine for movie goers on weekends and office workers alike, so I was shocked to hear about this tragic incident. Surely a successful eatery such as this, that has been with Pacific Place for more than quarter of a Century (27years) will continue to strive in today’s ever changing food trends. I hope you agree when I say that this is a move that is uncalled for. We will be loosing a part of Hong Kong’s heritage that is already quickly fading. Like Dan Ryans that is due to close end of this month, Grappas will be missed by many. Not only does it have consistently great food, service and home cooking at affordable prices, but it embodies the many memories we have built here from childhood.
Quality food is hard to find in Hong Kong, even with all the new restaurants popping up around town, prices and food quality are rarely on par. We should come together and share our views, that even small eateries like these are worth saving, to preserve Hong Kong’s precious heritage.
Here, I ask you to help support Grappas in its remaining few months at Pacific Place and check out the support page to “Save Grappas” on facebook.
Few of my all time favourite dishes:
Calamari Fritti – Crispy Baby Squid with Anchovy Aioli
- Crispy Calamari, that is bite size and delicate. Perfect snack that is addictive and definitely a crowd pleaser!
- Garlicky, creamy and tangy aioli that is not too salty, pairs perfectly with the crispy baby squids.
Osso buco – Veal Shank Stew in Red Wine sauce and Risotto
- Ardent, creamy risotto paired with a rich red wine gravy, that embodies the rich bone marrow and tomato flavors.
- Veal shank was falling off the bone and let in your mouth! Tender and served on a hot plate, the prefect comfort food.
Pizza al Pollo e Salsa BBQ – Chicken, Mozzarella, onion and Grappa’s special BBQ sauce
- Although not your typical Italian dish, this is a great spin to the ordinary Pizzas.
- Tender chicken pieces sprinkled on top with a kick from the onions and crispy cheesy mozzarella, YUM!
- BBQ sauce had the right sweetness and was tangy. Very appetizing.
Penne Arrabbiata – Pasta with hot crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce
- Spicy and cheesy with cubes of crunchy peppers running through it, keeping thing interesting.
- Aldente pasta with sauce well-mixed through, that has just the right amount of spice. YUM!