Address: Shop no24-25, G/F No.200 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Lee Tung Street
Eiichi Kunimoto began his Coffee dream in a small Pop-Up joint in Tokyo. After much success, Omotesanto Coffee opened in Harajuku, in the centre of Tokyo. Known to be one of the top coffee places there, Kunimoto decided to close up shop in Tokyo (2015) and relocate to Hong Kong! Though many will be weeping and sad to see their favorite space disappear, we, Hong Kongers will be rejoicing!
Yet another great coffee shop to quench our ever growing need for that morning cup of coffee! Omotesanto Coffee will feel at home with the likes of Cupping Room, Mansion Lot and Coffee Academics in Wan Chai. Similar in price range to its fellow competitors, Omotesanto Coffee certainly offers just as good, if not better quality coffee. Paired with a spacious and organic space, as well as daunting looking coffee machinery, Omotesanto Coffee certainly can’t be underestimated !
Famous for its espresso, americano and ‘Kashi‘ or square Canelés, Omotesanto Coffee is a MUST TRY!
Omotesando Coffee. Iced (left coffee on left picture)
- Espresso based Omotesanso’s original iced coffee
- Strong coffee taste with a slightly acidic finish that is not bitter.
- Nice and cold, and perfect pairing with its sweet cakes!
Cold Brew (right of cake on left picture)
- 12-hour cold brew
- Ice dripped espresso that has a lighter taste than the “original iced coffee”.
- Very similar to the iced Omotesando Coffee.
Iced Mochacchino (right picture)
- Blended Iced Cappuccino with chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream and cocoa powder
- Airy, light and frothy iced mocchacchino that is not too sweet or rich.
- No extra ice added to retain that creamy coffee flavor and texture.
- Perfect for those who are not fans of a strong coffee or sweeter drinks.
Signature “Kashi” cakes (left)
- Custard square that is not too sweet, soft on the inside and crunchy outside.
- like the French dessert, Canelé
- The perfect accompaniment to the bitter espresso!
Green tea and White Chocolate Brownie (green cake on the right)
- Not too sweet, dense with a good distribution of choc chunks throughout.
- Crispy outside, rich.
- Again, a good accompaniment to coffee.