Address: Souq Waqif, Doha
Related: Al-Aker Sweets
Moroccan, Kebabs and Shawarmas are plentiful in Doha and the Middle East. Damasca One is one that specializes in Syrian food, and is right at home situated in the oldest market of Doha; Souq Waqif. Respecting and sharing the old traditions of the Market, Damasca One follows an understated design, with a semi-outdoor rooftop.
Its menu follows the typical Middle eastern route, Moutabbel, Houmous and Kebabs, as well as more unique dishes like Oriental Sausage.
Damasca One maybe one of the go-to spots for locals when it comes to Tea, Shakes and Sheesha , where they spend the evening chatting away! Right in the center of the Souq/Market and onlooking toward marketplace, it is the perfect spot for tourists and gatherings alike!
- Smokey moutabbel, smooth and full of eggplant taste.
- Perfect pairing with crispy arabic bread! (right)
- Crispy and airy pastry with a generous filling of moist mince lamb and pine nuts.
- Hearty and yum, the perfect snack with a cold drink!
Oriental Sausage (left)
- Crispy pastry stuffed with lamb mince.
- Mince lamb had a good balance of marsala spices.
- Lentil soup was tangy, lemon-y and buttery. Helped balance out the lamb flavors.
- Very filling dish.
Damasca one mixed grill
- Chicken kofta, Lamb soft, Lamb kebab, grilled Vegetables, Spicy naan and Arabic bread
- Moist meats with good char and smokey flavor.
- Kofta was well seasoned with spices and slightly more gamey than the lamb. Very tasty.
- Chicken kofta with lemon and pine nuts; not dry and refreshing. A great paring with teas and cold drinks!