Address: 201 Kensington Church St, London W8 7LX
90’s design with bright colors complements Kensington Place‘s simple yet tasty dishes listed on the menu. Its theme of seafood follows from start to finish, even the water jug is in the shape of a fish!
Right on trend with today’s simple and healthy eating, its array of sharing starters will spoil you for choice. You could dive right in for one of their risottos, fillets or mussel bowls, but with Kensington Place‘s own fish monger right next door, why not sample their catch of the day?
Choice of sides (can’t have fish without a side of fries/chips!) and a simple Grill or Steamed option, can do no wrong to a piece of beautifully prepared and caught fish! Prawn cocktail and fish platters are also a great option. Fish-phobes don’t fret, as Kensington Place also has a few meat options on the menu, with the rabbit and terragon Ravioli being a definite stand out.
A glass of wine from the bar to finish of the meal and you will leave a happy camper!
- House aioli, creamy and marries perfectly with fresh langoustines.
- Langoustines are a good size, meaty and sweet.
Mackerel Sliders sweet chill créme frâiche, sweet and sour slaw
- Soft, buttery brioche buns slathered with spicy mayo.
- pickled onions add a needed kick for the well prepared mackerel patty.
- Not fishy, and the perfect way to introduce kids to fish!
- Very fresh and customizable to your own tastes.
- Creamy and not too garlicky aioli
- Well prepared, fresh crab strands with no shells.
- Egg whites and yolk also diced very small, easy to mix into the mound of crab meat!
Salt and Pepper Squid, soy & ginger dressing
- A but too salty, but well fried with a very crispy batter
- Tangy and sweet piccallily-like sauce helps counteract salt.
Foie Gras Parfait, port jelly & toasted brioche
- Creamy and buttery Parfait, paired with a sweet port jelly.
- Port jelly did not over power the dish and definitely a welcomed element to counteract the richness.
- Fluffy brioche toast.
Rabbit and Tarragon Ravioli, smoked bacon & cabbage (Main/double appetizer portion)
- Gravy a tad on the salty side.
- Tender rabbit and heaps of tarragon, with a generous helping of cabbage at the base.
- Well stuffed and a very generous portion for one!
Grilled Skate wing (Market selection)
- Highly skilled dish that has been well executed.
- Cooked till tender and melts-in-your-mouth, definitely the best way to celebrate great produce.
Panfried fillet of Sea Bream, saffron potatoes, monks beard, ratatouille, sauce romesco
- Borrowing flavors from Spain, the creamy tomato-like sauce brings out the sweetness of the Sea Bream.
- Just enough potatoes scattered on the bottom for a beautiful presentation, that tastes just as good as it looks!
Pineapple Carpaccio, caramelized peanuts, lychee sorbet
- Very innovative and on trend dessert that is both delicate and not overly sweet.
- Celebrates the pineapple through its accompaniments and presentation.
- Refreshing and tangy with lots of crispy bits and a mix of textures.
- Sorbet also had great lychee flavor.