The fitness craze is growing and we are all trying to find healthier options. For an avid snacker like myself, this portable protein snack is a great treat for in between meals or pre and post workout.
Here’s my take on a protein ball!
Please feel free to comment and add suggestions for my recipe post!
Happy rolling and cooking!
Prep Time: 5 mins Freezing Time: 15mins
Makes 26 balls (16g each)
Ingredients & tools:
- Scale, Tray, Bowl, Parchment Paper & Food Processor/Blender
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1 cup Coconut flour (powdered coconut)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate protein powder (Dymatize: Elite Casein, chocolate flavor used)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter (Koeze: Cream Nut Natural Smooth Peanut Butter used)
- 1/2 cup Reduced-fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- In a Food processor or Blender, add protein powder, coconut flour, dates, coconut milk, peanut butter, Raspberries and coconut milk and blend until smooth or a paste has formed
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add desiccated coconut to another tray.
- Spoon out 16g of mixture and form into balls and set aside on the pre-lined baking tray.
- Roll each ball in the desiccated coconut until evenly coated.
- Place protein balls on the lined parchment, leaving space in between to prevent sticking. Cling wrap and freeze for 10minutes, or until firm.
- Refrigerate and keep for up to 1 week.