Spicy foods are deceivingly addictive and very customizable! I have been craving some spicy grilled meats recently and decided to experiment with some Korean flavors. Using the basic Korean ingredients like Gojujang and garlic, I came up with this marinade that can be used for Pork, Beef and Chicken.
The Marinade can be kept for 2-3 days in the fridge. Marinate meats for a minimum of 20 minutes and Pan sear or grill for best results! Happy cooking!
Makes ~ 2 cups marinade
~ enough for marinating 1kg meat
<< Ingredients: >>
- 150g Gojujang
- 1/2 tablespoon Chilli Flakes (1 tablespoon if prefer super spicy)
- 1 tablespoon/ 15ml Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon/ 15ml Mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon/ 15ml Oyster sauce
- 6 cloves Garlic – Grated
- 1 Korean Pear – Grated (Asian Pear or Bosc Pear as substitutes)
- 1 KG sliced meats (beef used) – optional
- Grate the Korean Pear and garlic (or use garlic press) into a bowl .
- Add sesame oil, Mirin, Oyster sauce and Chilli flakes into mixture and combine.
- Marinate Meats for at least 20-30 minutes and pan fry until cooked and slightly golden brown.