Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of your day and finding a healthier alternative to fit your lifestyle or fitness regime can sometimes be difficult. Don’t restrict yourself to lackluster and tasteless picks like Weetabix and porridge, instead try this recipe that is both gluten free and simple to make; only requires a fork, bowl and a frying pan!
It takes less than 20 minutes and will even leave you enough for breakfast the next morning!
This recipe is both simple to make and tasty, while using healthier ingredients to fit our new lifestyles!
Please give it a try and let me know how you liked it!
Makes ~ 13-14 small pancakes
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking : Pan fry 10mins / medium high
- 100g Syntha 6 chocolate protein powder – 2 scoops
- (can use your choice of protein powder)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Very ripe Banana
- 1 tablespoon Water (room temperature)
- Mash up the banana with a fork to a purée.
- Crack in the 2 eggs into the purée and whisk until well combined.
- Add your choice of protein powder (100g), whisk and add 1 tablespoon of water to loosen the mixture. (Add more water if you prefer a thinner pancake. )
- Preheat a non-stick pan at medium-high heat. Using a ladle or large spoon, spoon out the mixture into the pan. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan, leaving about a 3cm gap between each pancake.
- When you see small bubbles start to form on the pancake, flip them. Wait for another minute or so and your pancakes are ready!