Address: 7-17 Amoy Street, Wan Chai
Yet another takeaway amidst the streets of Wan Chai! Tallore focuses on healthier options like soups, salads and freshly made wraps. A good change from the Chinese and fatty Western options out there.
Perched on Amoy Street with the likes of the Rotisserie, bars and the popular Kamitora Ramen, this bright and welcoming space certainly doesn’t lack flavour or innovation! Perfect for a quiet night in, or a simple, healthy dinner. They also offer dairy free and vegan options!
What We Ate:
(v) = vegetarian
- Good mix of celery carrot, courgette and flava beans.
- Tangy and lots of tomato flavor, with beans adding earthiness.
- A hearty soup with generous amount of vegetables.
Potage Verte (V)
- Fresh and peppery and very healthy.
- A soup of mixed green vegetables, earthy and hearty.
Tomato and Basil (V)
- Slight kick from tomato. Tangy and dairy free. Basil added freshness to the soup.
- Appetizing and refreshing.
Box to the left
Kale salad (v)
- Crunchy and fresh, with pickled carrot, peppers and onions that are fresh and tangy.
- Appetizing and light, great for the summertime heat.
Pesto and Gorgonzola Pasta salad
- Good pesto flavour not overly salty or oily. Aldente pasta with mozerella mixed in.
Beetroot, Apple and Spinach salad (V)
- Sweet beets and crunchy spinach, with salty blue cheese and walnuts sprinkled throughout the salad.
- Great mix of textures and salty blue cheese to balance out sweetness from the beetroot.
- Beetroots were not mushy or overcooked. A great salad.
Box to the right
Pesto chicken Meatballs, Rice and Sprouts
- Chicken balls a bit dry but good rice to chicken ratio. Good pesto flavour.
Mixed Roasted Vegetables (V)
- Good mix of cauliflower, mushroom, tomato, eggplant, courgette, with a combination of both european and asian favorites.
- Well seasoned, not too salty or over cooked.
A great option for a healthy takeaway or quick bite. Tallore makes great salads that are not your usual green leaf variety, but more deli style salads that are packed with texture, vegetables, rice and pasta. This keeps things interesting, especially for those who prefer more body to their salads, like me! Their soups are also very filling and full of flavour. Would definitely be back to try out their wraps!
Tallore also rolls out daily soup specials, so be sure to check them out!