Address: 80 Spring St, New York, NY 10012
A project that started as bringing traditional French food into New York City, has sprung into 2 successful restaurants in 2 cities (London, New York), for both tourists and locals alike. Opened by restauranteur Keith McNally, who prides himself for creating not only successful but continually striving eateries for its diners, has definitely achieved this with Balthazar. A casual, yet traditional Bistro featuring antique mirrors and red wood and an extensive menu of French delights, only in American sized options!
Balthazar has always been one of my go-tos when it comes to a chill lunch just before or after strolling around the shops of SoHo. Exemplar service and delicious food, this is definitely one of my top choices in the city. Do try to book ahead, as its always packed!
Some of my all time favorites;
~ USD 60 per person
- Includes Blue Point and West Coast Oysters that are well prepared, sweet and extemely fresh.
- Freshly shipped in daily!
- Comes with a side salad of Watercress, dressed lightly in olive oil and vinegar, and crispy toasts.
- By far the best Steak Tartare I have ever tried!
- Tangy, spicy and mixed in with mustard, capers, cornichons, herbs and shallots. All finely chopped, with the perfect ratio of beef/ seasoning. YUM!
- Medium rare burger, topped with melted cheese and crispy fries.
- Again, amazing fries! Thinly cut and all very crispy.
- Moist burger that is well seasoned, served with a buttered, soft brioche bun.
Steak au Poivre with Spinach and fries (Pomme frites)
- Medium rare steak that is (to say the least), a very generous portion.
- Served with thin and crispy fries. Buttery, pepper gravy that goes well with both the steak and fries!
- Steak of great quality and taste, that definitely will not leave you hungry!