Address: 27/F, QRE Plaza, 202 Queen’s Road, Wan Chai
Szzzzz, is the first sound you hear when succulent Beef and Samgyupsal (pork belly) hit the hot grill, with flaring fires crisping up the meat. Smells of grilled meat fill the room, while diners sip on cold beer and soju cocktails. Han Ga Ram is in some ways similar to the many Korean BBQ places around the city, but better. Better quality meat, better service and definitely more comfortable and spacious seating. Paired with a modern decor and comparatively a much quieter environment, along with friendly staff and great service, I dare say this is one of the superior spots for Korean BBQ.
Han Ga Ram‘s Menu has all the popular Korean favorites; Chap Chae, Grilling Meats, Hotpot, and street food favorites – Fried Chicken and Teokbokki, just to name a few. They offer the lesser known and more traditional options as well, like “susam moo ssam”. They also have lunch and dinner sets at great prices, if you can’t decide what to eat! Soju selection was a bit disappointing with only 2 or 3 choices, in comparison to the wine and beer.
Overall, Han Ga Ram offers great quality and fresh grilling meats with fair portions for its price. Meats come with the traditional salad and sauce accompaniments, as well as Banchan or side dish selection. Han Ga Ram is conveniently located with easy access to public transport and taxis, perfect for after work feasts and lunches!
Grilling/ Korean BBQ
- Very fresh and sliced not too thick or thin.
- Grills very well (3-4s) each side, with great beef flavor.
Combination Beef Platter– Galbi (Short rib), Rib Eye, Chuck Tail Flap & Brisket
- A good mix of different cuts of Beef, where the waitress can help you cut into smaller pieces for grilling.
- Great dish for sharing, or for those who just can’t decide on the many offerings!
- Crispy on the outside and soft inside with kimchi speed throughout the pancake.
- A great accompaniment to the grilled meats!
Ttuk bokki – Spicy Korean Rice cakes
- Tangy and spicy with a generous amount of rice cake sticks.
- Don’t underestimate the spiciness! Delicious and addictive.