Address: 18 Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai
Convenience, what most people look for in a busy city like Hong Kong. Deliveroo is just that, bringing you an array of international cuisines to your door. Laziness at its best! For HK$20 (delivery fee) you can choose from restaurants in your area. Food is promptly delivered, still warm and of great quality (that also depends on the restaurant of course!).
Sawali Club was the test subject and it surely did not disappoint, albeit the slight oiliness of the food. Known as a “Private Kitchen” on Johnston Road, Sewali brings to you traditional Thai staples, not lacking in spiciness! Salads, skewers, fried rice and noodles aside, the Grilled Chicken is also a great option for those looking to skip Carbohydrates.
Drinks offered are the typical sodas and coffees that are great partners to their large and tasty menu!
Come give Sawali Club a try, whether it is through delivery or a sit-down meal! Let me know in the comments if you do!
Kai Yang Thai Style Roast (Half) Chicken with lemongrass and ginger – left
- Generous portion that is well-seasoned and full of flavor
- Lemongrass and ginger flavors come through, giving the grilled chicken a definite Thai twist.
- Moist and tasty.
Shrimp Paste Fried Rice with eggs, Chinese sausage and dried shrimp
- Chilis mixed in to give a kick, not too spicy with thinly fried egg to downplay the spiciness.
- Chinese sausage was not necessary.
- Overall, not bad but definitely had Chinese influences
Thai Style Morning Glory with Chili bean curd sauce
- Salty and not too spicy, the typical veggie dish to go with rice.
- Morning glory still crispy, though a bit too oily.