Address: Shop 3, Dennies House, 20 Luard Rd, Wan Chai
Sun Thai Restaurant is the 3rd and newest location of the franchise. Serving classic Thai dishes as well as Singaporean and Malaysian delights, the casual decor reflects their down-to-earth cooking; great portions at affordable prices that are definitely not lacking in flavor and presentation!
Sun Thai’s menu is catered toward local tastes, with spiciness adjusted to the Hong Kong market (less spicy than traditionally). Though noisy at times, it can be a great venue for daily gatherings and intimate parties, and also a great excuse to sample their entire menu!
Conveniently located just steps away from the popular “watering-hole” (drinking street) Lockhart Road in Wan Chai, you could easily grab a bite to eat after work either before or after that stress-relieving pint!
- Fragrant, crunchy and a mix of salty and sweet.
- Seafood was plentiful in this salad; tender squid slices and prawns paired perfectly with the sweet and crunchy coconut flakes.
- Favorite dish of the night; full of seafood that was perfectly cooked- fish, mussels, squid, prawns.
- The pumpkin added an earthiness and sweetness to the dish, balancing the spiciness and creamy richness of the coconut gravy.
- Innovative presentation, where you can use the bread to sop up that delicious and luscious sauce!
- A rich coconut gravy that is slightly sweet (not spicy), paired with crispy fried soft-shell crab; definitely a crowd favorite!
- Perfect for kids; a spot of fun with the presentation to keep them interested while still tasting amazing!