Address: The Pulse, Shop 113, Level 1, 28 Beach Road, Repulse Bay
Situated at the recent Repulse Bay project ‘The Pulse’ with a beach seaside surround is Meen & Rice. A modern presentation of traditional Hong Kong delicacies, this eatery is perfect for families or those who favour simple delicious Chinese plates.
Famous for their freshly made ‘cheung fan’ or steamed rice sheets and a wide selection of noodles and rice dishes, Meen & Rice is a definite must for quality and traditional comfort food, that brings back childhood memories.
Roast goose with Barbecue Pork 燒鵝併叉燒 HK$168
- Roast goose with crispy skin and not too fatty; Roast pork fragrant and tender, both extremely well done classics. The quality of the meat was also very good.
Deep-fried Dace Fish Balls with Clam Sauce 酥炸蜆蚧鯪魚捄 HK$68
- Crispy skin and well seasoned and slightly peppery. Interior was full of fish flavour without being fishy and still warm when arrived.
House Specialty Rice Noodle Rolls- Shrimp, Scallop, Barbecue Pork & Beef 四式腸粉皇 HK$88
- A great choice for those who like to try a variety of ‘Cheung Fan’ or simply cannot decide amongst the many choices available. Thin Rice sheets and just the right amount of filling. The rolls are also made fresh in house. Delicious and fresh, whats not to like?
Homemade Rice Noodle Rolls 手拉布腸粉 HK$32
- House specialty and recommended by many, this is the first I’ve seen from a Chinese Restaurant. Beautifully smooth, thin and not too greasy. One of the best dishes on the menu and a must try!
Fermented Read Bean Curd Pork Knuckle Tossed Noodle 巧製南乳豬手麵 HK$68
- Don’t be scared by the pork knuckle. This is a tasty dish that is flavour full and well conceived. Perfect paring of the slightly sweet and salty Red Bean Curd with delicate egg noodles. The pork knuckle was braised till tender and falling off the bone. Worth trying.
A great little Restaurant by the seaside serving quality and authentic Chinese, followed by excellent service. Prices were reasonable. There was also a vast array of dishes to choose from, something for everyone. Definitely recommend you to try, though you should try and reserve a table as there is often a queue.