Address: 2nd Floor, Grand Progress Building, 15-16 Lan Kwai Fong
Steak Steak Steak!.. and maybe a bit of greens. Bistecca features casual Italian dining, including quality cuts of Steak and lunch/weekend buffets. Part of the dining concepts group, with sister restaurants Manzo, BLT Steak and Craft Steak, this is the best Steakhouse amongst its siblings. Adorned with a rustic vibe, butcher knives and a display of Premium steaks, you immediately start salivating.
Boasting a vast selection of Steaks including the standard Sirloin, Ribeye and Fillet, Bistecca also serves a 32oz Florentina, 28oz Delmonico, Skirt Steak and the much loved Kobe. All of top quality and portions that will leave you with a lasting impression. There is still hope for those who prefer seafood and salads, where they also offer a great choice of non-steak options.
We decided on a weekend Buffet and Steak Brunch at Bistecca and sampled the following;
Selection from the Salald buffet;
(left) Charcuterie– Chorizo, Parma Ham, Artichoke and Tomato salad, Sausage ragu, Chicken salad.
- Freshly sliced young Parma ham and chorizo were very tasty, as well as refilled regularly. Good.
- Artichoke and tomatoes lightly dressed in olive oil, also very fresh.
- Chicken salad was creamy and Sausage Ragu with a slight kick of spice and cumin.
(right) Mini Burger, Potato Croquettes, Roasted Vegetables, Broccoli, Stuffed Eggplant
- Mini Burgers/sliders were very dry and lacked seasoning
- Potato Croquettes were herby and crispy. Great aperitif.
- Broccoli had a creamy dressing and fresh. Otherwise standard.
- Eggplant farcie was stuffed with Tuna, that was not too salty and very appetizing.
Buffet and Soup Brunch; Tomato Soup HK$158
- Smooth and served with a drizzle of basil pesto on top, that enhanced the tomato flavour. Perfect for cold winter days.
Buffet and Steak Brunch; 12oz Sirloin HK$348
- Cooked to Medium rare and served with a choice of sauces (above: signature steak sauce). This was a fair portion for a set, along with the salad and dessert after, you leave more than satisfied.
(left)Fruits; (right)Pecan pie, Brownie, Apple pie and Cheese cake.
- Fair selection of fruits that is again refilled regularly. Good alternative to desserts if you prefer something healthy.
- Pecan pie had a good tart base that is not too crumbly and had a good amount of pecans. It also had the right amount of sweetness.
- Brownie was a dense chocolate fudge and a sprinkle of nuts on top to add texture. Very indulgent.
- Apple pie had a slight cinnamon flavour and soft apples. A Classic dessert.
- Cheesecake was creamy and rich, with a thin biscuit base. Extravagant and tasty.
Bistecca is a destination for Steak, both premium aged or standard cuts, there is something for everyone. Prices are also very affordable for a generous Buffet that includes entrée, main and dessert; perfect for large gatherings or a casual weekend brunch. Highly recommend!