Address: 130, Namdaemunno 2(i)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
Website: www.taninextdoor.com (korean)
Shopping, is what you think of when visiting Seoul. TANI Next Door is made just for that! Located at the top floor of popular Lotte Mall in Myeong-dong, TANI can satiate your hunger and allow you to continue your adventures just footsteps away!
Balinese Bungalow and Garden, equipped with both indoor and outdoor spaces is what you get. Paired with moving water, your lunch experience almost becomes a Spa session! TANI Next Door‘s menu concentrates on Japanese cooking and flavors, with touches of French influence.
Vibrant colors, presentation and taste are three things present in dishes prepared here, making TANI Next Door one of my frequent and must-go food destinations in Seoul! Sashimi Platter, Fried Abalone, as well as the Uni Tempura are definite favorites that reflect the fresh produce abundant in Seoul.
Let me know how you like it, if you get to eat here!
Soft Shell Crab & Avocado Roll
- Paired with tangy pickles and Spicy Mayo, this is a great version of the Japanese classic.
- Instead of Seaweed, there is a thin layer of Daikon wrapper outside, adding another crunchy texture.
- Crispy Crab with creamy avocado, definitely an appetizing start to the meal!
Sashimi Platter– Abalone, Uni/Sea Urchin, Salmon, Sweet Shrimp, Hamachi, O-toro, Chu-toro and Scallops
- Extremely fresh and vibrant, showcasing seoul’s seafood.
- Tender Abalone is a must when you visit!
Stir Fried Abalone with Garlic Butter Sauce vs Steamed Abalone with Yuzu Ponzu sauce
- Fried Abalone (left) – Garlicky and rich, with an earthy sauce.
- Nose to tail eating at its finest! Crispy lotus root chips were also great to mop up the sauce!
- Steamed Abalone (right) – Tender and served cold, with a tangy and creamy yuzu sauce to bring out freshness. YUM.
Sea Urchin and Scallop Tempura
- Light and airy batter encasing the delicately wrapped Uni and scallops.
- Sticky yuzu sauce at the bottom was good but not necessary.
- Scallops and Uni were also very tender and well-cooked.
Pan Seared Scallops with Wasabi Cream sauce
- Creamy Carbonara-esk sauce, topped with seared scallops and asparagus.
- Not bad but nothing memorable. Scallops were cooked well.