Address: G/F, California Tower, 30-32 D’Aguilar Street,, Lan Kwai Fong, Central
Italian Family-Style Cuisine is the main event at Ciao Chow. Opened late last year in the popular Lan Kwai Fong, its indoor/outdoor vibe is the prefect spot for Thursday and Friday night drinks. The only eatery in Hong Kong to sport the VPN or Verace Pizza Napoletana Certification, Ciao Chow is sure to satisfy that need for traditional Napoletana Pizzas! Needless to say, Pizzas are amongst the most popular items on their menu.
HK$199 for a set lunch that includes starter, Pizza/Pasta, Dessert and drinks, is a great option for a filling and affordable Lunch. Otherwise, Ciao Chow has an extensive list of Starters, Pastas and Pizzas to choose from! A thicker Pizza Base is what is on offer, with an array of original toppings like Carbonara and clams. If that still doesn’t ‘float your boat’, you can create your own Pizza! Pasta selection is not far behind either, with tasty combinations like Gnocchi with Italian sausage, Shrimp and smoked pork cheek, and Black Truffle Butter sauce!!
So what you waiting for? Come on down and eat your heart out!
Italian Butcher (left)
San Marzano tomato, Mozzarella, Prosciutto di Parma, ‘Nduja Calabrese, Calabrese salami, chili oil
- Parma Ham laid liberally on top of a bed of soft and gooey Mozzarella, slightly spicy tomato sauce and a thick Pizza base.
Carbonara – Mozzarella, Pancetta, egg, red onion, basil, garlic, black pepper
- A delicious combination of onions, pancetta and mozzarella, with a liquid-y egg centre to sauce the whole thing! NOM!
Bucatini with smoked pork cheeks, white onion, and black peppercorn
- Slightly spicy and similar to the Arrabbiata sauce, coating thicker Spaghetti and slithers of pork cheeks.
- Tasty, but could’ve been more generous with the pork cheek.
- Pork cheek also had great smokey flavor.
Tortellini mushroom broth
- Refreshing Mushroom consume that is essentially mushroom essence, well executed and not greasy.
- Could’ve been more generous with the number of Tortellini, otherwise tasty.