Address: 9 Kingston St, Causeway Bay
EAT.it is probably one if the first casual dining Italian Restaurants in Hong Kong. They remind you of the infamous Eataly (multiple locations in the US, including New York City), with a cafeteria style dining experience.
Half Restaurant half gourmet supermarket, EAT.it‘s selection of traditional Italian eats leave you salivating and indecisive. A Tech-savy system also makes the experience much more convenient; a smart card you receive at the entrance, tap when you order and pay at check out. NEAT! Though you might just over order and get a heart attack at check out!
Food is also on display at EAT.it, so you can be sure of what you will be getting. Juice, coffee, desserts, meat boards and of course pasta & pizza, are amongst the many highlights. Carb-free options such as Pork belly and Chicken are also on the menu, great options for those looking to eat healthier.
Come on down and give’s a try! Feel free to comment and share your experience below!
Caprese with Buffalo Mozzarella
- Hand-made Buffalo Mozzarella that is soft and creamy, though could’ve been slightly more creamy.
- Salad was fresh, but more olive oil and balsamic dressing was needed.
- Otherwise quite tasty.
Arancini– Truffle and mushrooms, Fontina & Saffron, Ragu
- Truffle & Mushroom Arancini was the best amongst the 3. Crispy risotto coating that wan’t too dry, with a creamy centre of strong mushroom and truffle flavor.
- Fontina & Saffron had a dry casing and a cheese filling that was under seasoned.
- Ragu Arancini was more moist than the saffron and had a good tom and basil flavor but again, flavorless filling. Coating could have also been more crispy.
Panfried Porchetta with Brussel Sprouts and Honey Mustard dressing
- NOMtastic! Tender Pork belly that is rich and marries perfectly with sweet mustard dressing.
- Fat was rendered enough to give a good ratio of fat:meat and was well seasoned.
- Brussel sprouts were slightly overcooked, but definitely a much needed accompaniment with the belly.
Desserts to be sampled the next time I go! Let me know if you have any recommendations!